The Friends of Markbeech Church has been reborn. The old Friends contributed over £300 that allowed us to keep
the church open all day on Sunday for anyone to visit, and to improve the look of the churchyard. The new Friends
will do even more to preserve the church and its surroundings as an integral part of the village.
Why become a Friend?
- Holy Trinity church is one of the places that gives Markbeech its identity. Its position between the pub and the
village hall gives a good idea of its significance in the village. It’s part of what makes us a community.
- The church has been here for more than 150 years, as long as Markbeech village itself, and we would like to
preserve it, and our village, for as long again.
- We may not want to take part in the Sunday services, but we want the church there for the big events - for a
marriage, a funeral, a christening, a carol service.
- We would like the church to be kept open for other village events, for music, for children’s concerts, and for anyone
in search of a place where peace and tranquillity can be found.
- The Friends of Markbeech church provides a centre for anyone interested in the history and background of the
village and its community.
Whatever your reason - do become a Friend.
Membership is open to anyone who would like to join. The minimum annual subscrption is £10 (you may of course
give more), and using Gift Aid, each £1 becomes £1.28.
If you have any queries, or want further information, do contact Marie-Louise Linklater (01342 850579) or click here
Donations should be sent to: Friends of Markbeech Church, c/o Old Farm, Cow Lane, Markbeech, Kent TN8 5NX. If
you need a Gift Aid form, please ask and it will be sent.